Best Selling HDTVs

August 18, 2005

Great Olevia LCD TV Customer Service Experience

We purchased the Olevia from Syntax 30" LCD TV last year in December when we moved into our first house. I had always said we would get a flat panel after we got a house. I was a little wary of purchasing a brand of TV that was very new to the US, but after reading a review on Chait Gear, I was convinced everything would be okay.

Up until a few weeks ago the LCD TV performed flawlessly, but recently started on the AV setting to flicker and sometimes not come on properly. I dread calling customer service and the TV is not exactly a "small item" you can ship back. My wife finally asked, "Isn't is still under warranty?" and I was like - okay I'll call and find out if there's anything we can do. The only thing really going through my head was, how do we afford another TV when this thing eats it.

Well, I dialed the number on their web site and got a person right away. I went over the issue with them, and then I got put on hold. Damn I thought. Put on hold means - we can't help you. The person came back on the phone in less than 2 minutes, said I most likely had a bad light for the lcd or chip and he would like to replace my TV and send out a new one. What? I then gave my information and in less than 3 minutes after the call had a PDF sent to me to fill out and start the return.

Awesome. I have never been so happy in all my life with a consumer electronics experience. We are actually going on vacation this next week, but I'll do the TV swap the following and see how the rest of the experience goes, but so far so good.

At Syntax Olevia LT30HVS 30 LCD TV HDTV Ready and Syntax Groups

Read More in: General News | LCD TV

Share this Article with others: social bookmarking

Related Articles:

Came straight to this page? Visit TV Snob for all the latest news.

Posted by Jay Brewer at August 18, 2005 8:41 AM

Recent Comments

the television played fine until one day in the middle of watching there was a sizzle and the television went dead. I am trying to get some information or a phone number or an address for customer service....someone please help me

Posted by: sharon at February 1, 2010 12:49 PM

I am glad to see happy endings here, however mine is a nitemare. I purchased an oleiva from tigerdirect on line. it is the model 537h. i had the tv for exactly the time of the warranty ,3 days after the warranty , boom no power would not come on at all. after doing self inspection of the obvious i started to call around. no one would touch this tv for any repairs , said olevia would not even talk to them on the phone about parts for any reason. so in my experience i spent 900.00 for one year of part time watching as this tv was placed in the kitchen for my wife who played it on CMT music station maybe 300 hours in the year we had it. so in short i paid 3.00 per hour for each hour this tv worked. and of course no support from olevia at all. please be advised ,think long and hard before you buy any olevia product ,they are made to last only through the warranty.

Posted by: mike hall at October 24, 2008 5:12 PM

So far I am happy with my Olevia TV. The only problem I am having is getting the base off in order to mount TV on the wall. I have removed all the screws and still the base won't come off. Anyone else have this problem and how did you resolve it?

Posted by: Janice at January 15, 2008 10:45 AM

I've had nothing but trouble with my Olevia TV It didn't play games in Hidef but only didn't work with games in HD. I sent my tv back and it's been almost a month since my tv arrived there and they still haven't shipped my replacement back to me.

Posted by: Joe at November 6, 2007 8:51 PM

No other issues. Set arrived as promised. I play tons of games on it - they look amazing. Can't wait to see hidef games on it with XBOX 360 when I get one. I highly recommend this or the 37".

Posted by: Jay Brewer at November 28, 2005 4:56 PM

Hi Jay, great site. My wife and I are shopping for an LCD and this is actually one of the tvs we're looking at buying because of the price. Have you had any other issues with your set? Do you play games on it? Give me the scoop man.
Thanks.