Best Selling HDTVs

December 7, 2005

Just Got Mediacom Phone Service

If you noticed posting on TVSnob has been lean today, you can put the blame on Mediacom. Actually I'm pretty excited because I cut my phone bill in have today by ordering Mediacom's phone service. My new phone service is working great but now my cable internet (the phone connection and internet share the same modem) is sporadic.

Mediacom is working on the issue and hope to be back on the internet in full force soon. I'll eventually give you a review of the phone service for those of you looking at getting phone service from your cable company.

More at Mediacom Phone Service Webpage

Read More in: General News

Share this Article with others: social bookmarking

Related Articles:

Came straight to this page? Visit TV Snob for all the latest news.

Posted by William Hungerford at December 7, 2005 3:03 PM

Recent Comments

My phone is out AGAIN .
Mediacom's phone service sucks.
I call the company and get the usual voice mail...call back in 4 hours if your phone still isn't working.
This is NOT a good company to go with if you run a business or have a life.

Posted by: mediacom customer at November 17, 2009 2:32 PM

866-452-4747 is the best phone number to call. Do not call later then 11 PM, those calls go to a call center in The Philippines. It's nice to remember Mediacom phone is a VOIP service and is not a perfect service by any means. They advise you of this when you sign up with the service and when the technician installs you he has you sign paperwork that says it because it's FCC regulation. It is understandable when you're frustrated to call the company and complain but try and remember the people taking the calls are people just like you and do not deserved to be yelled at. They didn't personally cause your problem so there is no need to treat them as if they did. They are there to help you, so let them help or do not call. Also, if you feel they are not helping you, simply request to speak with someone else or they're supervisor and they will give you one.

Lastly, if you have a problem lasting over 24 hours call them and let them know. If you use the number above I assure you, you will be routed to Customer Service or Tech Support. Don't listen to the message that says there are outages in your area if you've been out for over 24 hours. Most outages don't last that long. AGAIN BE CIVIL TO CUSTOMER SERVICE and they will he happy to help you. Once you scream at them, just like if you screamed at a clerk in a store, they will not want to deal with you and do everything they can to get you off the phone quickly.

Posted by: Mediacom Subscriber at November 9, 2009 11:02 PM

I had my phone service internet tv boundled A tex come out Sat. HE GAVE US NO INFOMATION AT ALL
We don't know what station is where what we can do and not do. The remote is a complete mystery. He could have sold us a Dvr but did not have one nor did he try and direct us to anyone who could help us. You company could do so much more in the way of sales if you traned you texs to inform the cutomer what thay are getting and how to use the equipment. Elaine

Posted by: Elaine at May 25, 2009 9:01 AM

My phone has no dial tone on multiple occasions, sometimes multiple times a day. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reach Mediacom customer service by phone unless you call between 2 and 3 AM. This is ridiculous, especially since they advertise great sevice and 24/7 customer service. I am an EXTREMELY disatisfied customer, but unfortunately, Mediacom has the market in this area. I would drop Mediacom in a heartbeat if I could find another provider for HS internet and phone.

Posted by: Denise at January 9, 2009 10:57 PM

Mediacom is TERRIBLE!
I'm getting HUGE amounts of packet loss and jitter over their VOIP.
I can't maintain a phone call.
People report calling my house getting a busy signal, when nothing shows up on Caller ID.
They report it rings here, but caller ID shows nothing...

I'M MISSING OUT ON LIFE AND MY BUSINESS IS SUFFERING DUE TO LOST CALLS!!!!

Posted by: BUGGED@MEDIACOM at December 18, 2008 1:31 PM

got my mediacom phone service...but it cuts out regularly and even during conversations....i am NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! guess i have to switch back..if i am a guinea pig for this technology, i just died....

Posted by: carla at April 17, 2007 12:48 PM

Yes, I am a service tech for mcom. Can't find out the problem, no one seems to know what's up with the phones. Forward and Return levels are good at the modem, just intermittent, no matter what. Seems Cox doesn't have any problem with theres.

Posted by: dudecable at February 19, 2007 1:56 PM

phone does not work

Posted by: carrie hall at September 28, 2006 9:12 PM

my mediacom service is horrible.i have had nothing but problems since day one.some days my phone works other days is doesnt it is totally rediculous then i call the phone company and they tell me i guess youll have to deal with it pretty sad if you ask me

Posted by: lisa at September 18, 2006 11:06 AM

In ref to geting Mediacom phone and then having sporadic intrenet access: We are having the same problem. Mediacom hasn't been helpful. How did it turn out for you?

Posted by: Elaina at August 8, 2006 3:06 PM