Web TV is picking up steam: survey
Okay, so maybe good ol' fashioned cable TV isn't in danger of going out of business just yet. But just wait until the current generation of youngsters have the cash to plaster a brand spankin' new web-connected HDTV on the wall.
A recent survey by Pew features some revealing stats about the state of online video viewership. Consider this:
- 62% of adult net users have watched video online (an increase from 33% 2.5 years ago)
- 35% of net users have watched a movie or TV show online (2x times that of 2007 survey results)
- 23% of these people have hooked up their PC to a TV
Now consider these stats:
- 89% of youngsters watch video online
- 36% of youngsters watch online video in a typical day
What do you think? Is cable heading for an eventual demise a la newspapers?
Read More in: Web TV
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit TV Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Justin Davey at August 5, 2009 8:01 AM